I went to Bimbles today to buy a solar panel for my campervan. I had a rough idea what I wanted but they ran through my power requirements to make sure that I bought the right panel for the job. There was no hard sell, just completely honest advice. The products are great and the prices are too. I can't recommended these guys enough and will definitely be back again
Battery ‘fuel gauge’, time-to-go indicator, and much more
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature
and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account.
Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-700 series
also displays state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts.
Use the Bluetooth Smart dongle to monitor your batteries on Apple or Android smartphones, tablets,
macbooks and other devices.
Easy to install
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the
monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m);
no other components needed.
Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for the rear
mounting and screws for the front mounting.
Easy to program (with your smartphone!)
A quick install menu and a detailed setup menu with scrolling texts assist the user when going through the
Alternatively, choose the fast and easy solution: download the smartphone app (Bluetooth Smart dongle
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 9,5 – 95V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Low current consumption: 2,9Ah per month (4mA) @12V and 2,2Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V
More about midpoint voltage
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in
series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage
In addition to carefully reading the manual prior to installation, the video below is a great resource for helping you to understand how to set the monitor up correctly.