Have used Bimble Solar a couple of times now and have found them to be fantastic both times. Pre sales support was excellent and a big thank you goes to Laura, for listening to my needs, discussing relevant options and helping me to understand not only what it was I needed to buy but why. We needed to make a bespoke kit for my narrowboat and now I'm pulling in the power in December. Delivery was efficient and secure and after sales was there when I needed it. They are a great company who I will always support and recommend to others. Thanks Bimble, for always being brilliant.
Very happy with this company. Not set up panel yet but all seems ok.
Battery ‘fuel gauge’, time-to-go indicator, and much more
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature
and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account.
Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-700 series
also displays state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts.
Use the Bluetooth Smart dongle to monitor your batteries on Apple or Android smartphones, tablets,
macbooks and other devices.
Easy to install
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the
monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m);
no other components needed.
Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for the rear
mounting and screws for the front mounting.
Easy to program (with your smartphone!)
A quick install menu and a detailed setup menu with scrolling texts assist the user when going through the
Alternatively, choose the fast and easy solution: download the smartphone app (Bluetooth Smart dongle
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 9,5 – 95V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Low current consumption: 2,9Ah per month (4mA) @12V and 2,2Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V
More about midpoint voltage
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in
series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage
In addition to carefully reading the manual prior to installation, the video below is a great resource for helping you to understand how to set the monitor up correctly.