- Buck Boost design, offering high efficiency (95-98%)
- Simple installation and setup
- Current limiting charger
- Lithium safe
- BB1240 Bidirectional| 12V 40A (550W output power)
Smart Alternator/Euro 6+ compatible
- Ignition feed or Vibration Sense modes
- 6 preset battery types
- 6 self recovering protections
- Low temperature trip for Lithium Ion batteries
BB1240 Reverse Charging Feature.
The BB1240 is able to charge in both directions. Provided there is over 13.2V on the leisure battery (13.5V if lithium) and the starter battery is below 13V the BB shall allow approximately half current (~20A) to flow back to the starter battery up to about 13.4V (float voltage). It simply allows the starter battery to remain topped up when there is surplus energy in the domestic battery. This feature will NOT drain your domestic battery - it simply takes surplus. Once your alternator / engine turns on or you provide the BB with an ignition signal the BB reverts to normal charging of the leisure battery. This mode can be disabled, but is on as default.
This is ideal for allowing the starter battery to remain topped up when you have solar / wind / charger - charging up your leisure battery.